From: luis jure <ljc@××××××××××××.uy>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] dropbox on xfce
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 14:23:18
1 any hints how to make dropbox work on xfce? google returned many hits for
2 other distributions, or for gentoo but on kde or gnome.
3
4 i installed net-misc/dropbox and xfce-extra/thunar-dropbox but all i can
5 do is upload files with a browser on the website (that is, it recognizes
6 i have dropbox installed in my computer).
7
8 if i run dropbox from the terminal an icon appears on the tray, but it
9 doesn't do anything. a Dropbox directory was created in my home, but it is
10 empty and doesn't show the files i uploaded. thunar-xfce doesn't do
11 anything either.
12
13 i installed dropbox on a netbook with xubuntu (also running xfce) and it
14 just worked. the Dropbox folder shows my uploaded files, and the tray icon
15 responds.
16
17 unfortunately i need dropbox to work on a project with some colleagues
18 that are using dropbox to share the files.
19
20 any help would be very appreciated.