From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM: Removing 3 disks and replacing with 1
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 17:25:48
1 Am 06.03.2012 17:32, schrieb Stroller:
2 >
3 > On 6 March 2012, at 09:45, Datty wrote:
4 >> … I initially want to replace the 3x1TBs with a single 3TB drive but
5 >> i've never removed/replaced a drive in an LVM setup before. I think I
6 >> understand how it is done, using pvmove …
7 >
8 > Or you could just format and mount the new drive and use `cp`.
9 >
10 > Stroller.
13 +1
14
15 If you still want to work on LVM, you can use lvconvert to mirror your
16 old volume on the new disk and then remove the old disks. The creation
17 of the mirror should be inherently secure. pvmove should be safe, too. I
18 know pvmove once crashed for me (old kernel bug, years ago) and I didn't
19 loose data.
20
21 # create mirror, report progress every 10 seconds
22 lvconvert --interval 10 -m1 vg00/lvol1 /dev/new_disk
23
24 # detach mirror, creates snapshot
25 lvconvert -m0 vg00/lvol1
26