From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xmms alternative
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 17:07:50
1 On Monday 23 October 2006 14:08, Dave V wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I just read on the gentoo-dev list that xmms is about to be removed, but
5 > it's probably the only sound player that I've used. Could someone recommend
6 > a good alternative. I'm rather surprised that no one wanted to maintain the
7 > packages.
10 a) it is dead. For years
11
12 b) it depends on a dead toolkit with godknowswhat security problems
13
14 c) it becomes harder and harder to keep it alive
15
16 d) the devs have better things to do than playing ICU for (almost) dead
17 software.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list