From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: thunderbird bug?
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 17:00:37
1 Adam Carter <adamcarter3 <at> gmail.com> writes:
2
3 > The same email address works, if
4 > I cut and past it into the "To" field of thunderbird.
5 > All other email address work just fine from thunderbird.
6
7 > Yes the auth message is bogus because you dont use different SMTP servers per
8 > email message, and the auth message is only being triggered on a particular
9 > message. Other messages work fine (- did i get that right James?)
10
11 Well yes. ALL responses I try in Craigslist do this, as well as other sites
12 where you click and printed email address and the message pops us. Not just
13 a singular email address but every message of a particular type. Here is
14 another page with the same problem; but yet I can copy the email address
15 into the "to" field on a thunderbird message and it goes through just fine.
16
17 http://king.mysdhc.org/Admin2?plugin=RWD&Templates=RWD&object=/FACULTY CONTACT
18 LIST &infobar=no&ConfPosition=2
22 > As a troubleshooting step - have you tried a new profile? IIRC the
23 > windows version has a profile manager, if the linux version doesnt
24 > have the same then just move the .thunderbird directory so it
25 > will re-create it with defaults when you launch it again.
28 Well I'll copy the .thunderbird file to a new dir (so I can browse it later)
29 and see how this works.....
32 James