From: Justin Findlay <justin@××××××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] QT versions
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 00:40:17
1 On AD 2008 July 30 Wednesday 07:25:03 PM -0400, Daniel D Jones wrote:
2 > Is it safe to remove QT3 from the system now? It seems like at one point that
3 > there were still packages in KDE that needed version 3 installed.
4 >
5 > I have both version 3 and 4 on the system. If I remove the qt3 use flag,
6 > enable the qt4 use flag and do an emerge --newuse, can I then unmerge version
7 > 3?
8
9 Do all of that first and then check for qt3 dependencies with
10
11 equery depends x11-libs/qt-3*
12
13 or
14
15 qdepends x11-libs/qt-3*
16
17 equery is part of app-portage/gentoolkit and qdepends comes from
18 app-portage/portage-utils. The q<action> commands are usually much
19 faster than the equery <action> ones.
22 Justin