From: Tomas Papan <tomas@×××××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user]
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 11:02:36
1 Hello all,
2
3 I have a router (asus wl500gp with openwrt kamikaze 7.09) with samba server
4 version 2.0.10-4. I have used smbfs to mount this router on my gentoo-box
5 (everything works fine), but since kernel version 2.6.27 smbfs will be
6 removed I have to switch now to the cifs modul. The problem is that I am able
7 to write but I cannot read (I'm always getting permission denied, when I'm
8 trying to read, writing is working fine). I'm thinking that cifs cannot work
9 with such a old samba version. If you have some experience with cifs and
10 samba please verify my assumption.
11
12 Here is some configuration files
13
14 smb.cfg:
15 [global]
16  syslog = 0
17  syslog only = yes
18  workgroup = lan
19  server string = Samba Server
20  security = share
21  encrypt passwords = yes
22  guest account = nobody
23  local master = yes
24  name resolve order = lmhosts hosts bcast
25
26 [home]
27  comment = /home
28  path = /home
29  browseable = yes
30  public = yes
31  guest ok = yes
32  writeable = yes
33 my /etc/fstab:
34 //samba-srv/home /mnt/samba-srv cifs guest,rw,uid=1000,gid=100,user,defaults 0
35 0
36
37 Thanks && Best Regards
38 Tomas