From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Purged gnome, lost X. :-(
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 11:34:15
1 On Sunday 12 Jan 2014 10:11:22 Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2
3 > No such luck, as yet. I still get these messages when trying to startx:
4 >
5 > xfce4-session: GNOME compatibility is enabled and gnome-keyring-daemon is
6 > found on the system. Skipping gpg/ssh-agent startup. env: kdeinit4: No such
7 > file or directory
8 > env: qdbus: No such file or directory
9 >
10 > . Somehow, the remnants of a KDE program are hanging around somewhere.
11 > I've no idea what qdbus is, or where I've got it configured.
12
13 $ eix qtdbus
14 [I] dev-qt/qtdbus (4.8.5(4){tbz2}@01/12/13): The DBus module for the Qt
15 toolkit
16
17 Have you got -qt4 in your USE flags? If not, I suggest you put it in make.conf
18 and then emerge -uaDvN world.
19
20 This may not help, but:
21
22 $ grep -r kdeinit4 /etc
23 Binary file /etc/ld.so.cache matches
24
25 (That's the only occurrence I could find here on this KDE box.) So some library
26 may still be lying around with KDE links.
27
28 Something's nagging at the back of my mind about having to specify your
29 desktop in a config file, maybe /etc/conf.d/xdm though my copy of that just says
30 kdm.
33 Regards
34 Peter