From: Dan Egli <dan@×××××××××××.site>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Sharing printers via Cups
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 05:40:35
1 Hey folks, I'm a bit lost on this, so I hope you can help me out.
2
3 I have a computer I want to act as the central print server for a
4 network. It would spool all jobs for all printers, and send them out to
5 the actual computers the printers are connected to, or to the printer
6 itself in the event of a printer directly connected to the network. To
7 start with, I have setup the server and added the printer connected to a
8 Windows 10 Home computer to it. After a bit of work, I managed to get it
9 so I can print a test page from cups and it comes out on the printer.
10 But when I try to connect another computer to the printer via the print
11 server, the other computer never sends it out. Just says the printer is
12 busy.
13
14 How can I set this up correctly? To describe exactly what I'm trying to
15 do, let's just use four computers in this example. A is the central
16 print server. B is the windows client with the printer. C and D are
17 linux machines. What I want is if either C or D print something, they
18 both send it to A, and then A sends it to B.
19
20 Thanks!