From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why does gnome-python-desktop have so many dependencies?
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 19:30:45
1 On Thursday 26 June 2008, Alastair Irving wrote:
2
3 > as for what i'm trying to do, i was installing the latest version of
4 > the orca screenreader from source, as I wanted a more up-to-date
5 > version than that provided by portage. The portage version doesn't
6 > depend on wnck but all more recent versions do. If there's no
7 > solution then I presume when the next version gets added to portage
8 > it'll require all the dependencies which will be rather inconvenient.
9 >
10 > Hope this clarrifies the situation
11
12 Yes that does clarify things. orca is part of gnome to a greater or
13 lesser degree so it's not surprising it and wnck want to pull in that
14 long list of packages.
15
16 Have you tried building wnck also from source? If that doesn't work then
17 I would suggest you look for a more recent orca in an overlay, or wait
18 for something to hit portage.
19
20 Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...
23 Alan McKinnon