From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Printing phpmyadmin output
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 18:56:13
1 On Wednesday 13 April 2011 17:55:24 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 13 April 2011 15:58:46 Mick wrote:
3 > > I assume that you use the "Print view" button at the bottom of the
4 > > tables.
5 >
6 > Ah! I hadn't spotted it; that does work - it prints one table description
7 > per page.
8 >
9 > > I've just looked at this demo site using print preview in Firefox and
10 > > Opera:
11 > >
12 > > http://demo.phpmyadmin.net/STABLE/index.php
13 > >
14 > > FF will only show the first page of a table - this to me translates to
15 > > a poorly written CSS for printing purposes, or lack of a print-CSS
16 > > altogether.
17 >
18 > I've filed a bug report; let's see what comes of it. It's phpmyadmin-
19 > Bugs-3286026.
20 >
21 > > In Opera the first print preview page is blank. If I click on the
22 > > print preview icon on the toolbar it will switch between successive
23 > > frames. The 3rd frame contains the table across 3 pages, so it should
24 > > print the lot. The CSS is not well written though because e.g. there
25 > > is a blank page between the 1st page which just contains a header and
26 > > the third page which starts right from the top (no margin) with the
27 > > table.
28 >
29 > I've tried Opera and Chrome; Chrome does the same as Firefox while Opera
30 > shows one line giving the phpMyAdmin location and version number.
31
32 Yes, Opera's printing is a bit buggy in general compared to other browsers.
33 --
34 Regards,
35 Mick