From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [OT] Dual-Opteron (was: Re: [gentoo-user] A few (gentoo-newbie) questions (mainly about binary packages))
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 02:23:05
1 On Sunday 01 January 2006 13:35, Richard Neill <rn214@×××××××××××××.uk>
2 wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-user] A few (gentoo-newbie) questions (mainly
3 about binary packages)':
4 > Thanks to everyone for your advice. I really appreciate it.
5 > I think you've convinced me that:
6 >
7 > c)That it will take quite a bit of time (but be worth it)
8 >
9 > it seems like an
10 > excellent reason to buy that Dual-Opteron desktop I have been dreaming
11 > about :-)
12
13 As the owner of a dual-Opteron 275 system, I can say they they are very
14 nice. An emerge -e world (700+ packages) only takes 24 hours, during
15 which the system is totally usable (full-screen video + 5.1 audio does not
16 stutter).
19 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
20 bss03@××××××××××.com
21 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy