From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What about kernel 2.6.19 ?
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 19:17:08
1 On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 05:31:21 +1030
2 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sunday, 18 February 2007 5:25, alain.didierjean@××××.fr wrote:
5 > > Just compiled kernel 2.6.19-r5, with same config as 2.6.18-r6.
6 > > When trying to boot it, I get a kernel panic, grub not finding
7 > > (hd0,0), when booting 2.6.18 doesn't cause any problem. What's new
8 > > in 2.6.19 that causes this? What's the solution ? Help welcome.
9 > >
10 > > --
11 > > ~adj~
12 >
13 > It's probably due to the SATA drivers being moved out of the SCSI
14 > section of menuconfig, which iirc, changed their CONFIG names.
15 >
16 > You should double check that all your required drivers have been
17 > configured.
18 >
19 I tried kernel 2.19 and the new libata PATA drivers and all seemed to
20 work fine, execpt I too got the same kernel panic with not
21 finding /dev/hd[a-z][0-9]+. I think the names of these device nodes
22 might have changed? I'm not sure but my theory is that if i would have
23 used the older ATA drivers instead, things would have been fine.
24
25 People _Are_ running the 2.6.19 kernels successfully.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list