From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Package specific post-emerge hooks?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 23:40:24
1 On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 22:47:22 +0200, Christoph Böhmwalder wrote:
2
3 > I was wondering if there was a way to run a shell script anytime a
4 > specific package is updated.
5
6 There is, as Ian explained, but...
7
8 > My use case for this is as follows: I have a high DPI display, so I've
9 > modified Chromium's .desktop file to include the
10 > `--force-device-scale-factor=1.5` flag. It works fine, but the problem
11 > is that this file obviously gets overwritten on each update, so I have
12 > to manually run a sed script after every Chromium update. This is
13 > rather annoying, and since I've done this for over a year now I finally
14 > want to stop being lazy about it and tackle the issue.
15
16 It's not needed in this case, just add the options you want to
17 CHROMIUM_FLAGS in /etc/chromium/default.
18
19 BTW where did you find this options, chromium --help used to give options
20 but now it does nothing.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 To most people solutions mean finding the answers. But to chemists
27 solutions are things that are still all mixed up.