From: "Conway S. Smith" <beolach@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Way OT] dial-up, switching isp's and other thoughts.
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:42:16
1 On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 04:00:03 -0500
2 Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net> wrote:
3 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
4 <SNIP>
5 > This ISP search is crap. They all say unlimited then limit it in
6 > the fine print. That sucks.
7 >
8 > Dale
9 >
10 > :-) :-)
14 Heh, I actually had the opposite situation w/ my DSL ISP: a large
15 part of my originally choosing them was because their data transfer
16 limits were easy to find & very reasonable. And since then I've
17 repeatedly seen the techs on their IRC server say that they haven't
18 enforced the limits for years.
19
20 My experience w/ them has only been on DSL, not dial-up, and they're
21 a fairly small local ISP so they may not be available where you are,
22 but I have a very good opinion of XMission (although sadly they did
23 discontinue their Gentoo mirror some time ago).
24
25 Pricing: <http://www.xmission.com/about/pricing/#dialup>
26 Phone Numbers: <http://www.xmission.com/about/dialup/>
29 Good luck,
30 Conway S. Smith
31 --
32 The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple. After that, it's all
33 learned. (Bruce Ediger, bediger@××××××××.org, in comp.os.linux.misc,
34 on X interfaces.)