From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - GLSlideshow and nvidia (I think) (no it is sis)
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 14:51:40
1 On Sunday 16 July 2006 16:24, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > Since the upgrade to modular X my wife has not been able to view her
3 > favourite screesaver (our cats.) Whenever she runs the GLSlideshow
4 > screensaver, she gets the following error:
7 > Xlib extension GLX missing on display ":0.0"
8 >
9 > glslideshow display :0.0 does not support the GLX extension
10
11 glxinfo
12 /etc/X11/xorg.conf
13 dmesg
14 eselect opengl list
15 is usually the minimum information needed. Because the vendor recalled the
16 magic crystal balls some weeks ago.
17
18 You don't have any nvidia stuff.
19
20 You have sis integrated graphic. So you need sis support in the kernel.
21
22 make menuconfig
23
24 --->Device Drivers
25
26 ---->Character Devices
27
28 Turn on AGP for sis chipsets. Turn on dri support. Install
29 x11-drivers/xf86-video-sis
30 install
31 x11-misc/sisctrl
32
33 use google. Search for sis integrated graphics and xorg. There are lots of
34 examples (can't help here, don't have sis integrated graphics.
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list