From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hostname and domainname
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:53:34
1 Bayrouni wrote:
2 > Hello all,
3 >
4 > cat /etc/conf.d.hostname
5 > # /etc/conf.d/hostname
6 >
7 > # Set to the hostname of this machine
8 > HOSTNAME="MYHOST"
9 >
10 > and cat /etc/conf.d/domainname
11 > DNSDOMAIN="MYDOMAIN"
12 >
13 > The hostname service is added to the /etc/init.d/ with rc-update,
14 >
15 > but the commande hostname give:
16 > #hostname
17 > MYHOST
18 >
19 > and
20 > # hostname -f
21 > MYHOST
22 >
23 > I tried to add the domainname service:
24 > sudo rc-update add domainname default
25 > * rc-update: '/etc/init.d/domainname' not found; aborting
26 >
27 > What is wrong or missing in my configuration ?
28 >
29 > Thanks
32 This is how I have mine set to smoker:
33
34 > # /etc/conf.d/hostname
35 >
36 > # Set to the hostname of this machine
37 > HOSTNAME="smoker"
38
39 Replace smoker with the name you want. I would assume the domainname
40 would be set the same way.
41
42 Hope that helps.
43