From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xextproto, what to do
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 16:15:05
1 On Tue, 30 May 2006 17:47:18 +0200, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
2
3 > Let's suppose I find a mirror for this software, what's the way to
4 > modify the ebuild into /var/... to consider the mirror I found at least
5 > until the problem is solved?
6
7 You don't need to modify the ebuild. download the file manually and copy
8 it to $DISTDIR (/usr/portage/distfiles by default). Then, when you try to
9 emerge the package, portage will see that the file is already there and
10 not try to download it again.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 A woman walked into a bar and asked the barman for a large double
17 entendre, so he gave her one.