From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Wireless Issue
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 06:04:57
1 Hi,
2
3 I have an Intel 3945 wireless adaptor in my laptop. I have always used
4 the ipw3945 driver in gentoo because I have never had any luck with the
5 iwl3945 driver.
6
7 I currently am running the 2.6.30-r10 linux kernel and previous to that
8 I ran 2.6.30-r6. For the last 2 kernel builds that I have done, I have
9 been unable to build the ipw3945 driver because it is looking for TKIP
10 (and a couple of other security things, but I don't recall off the top
11 of my head). The point is, I used to be able to select TKIP and the
12 other things in the kernel, but cannot find those things specifically in
13 the 2.6.30 range of kernels.
14
15 Tonight I, again, following the wiki, tried building the iwl3945 driver
16 into the kernel, but had no success. I need to get wireless working
17 because I am changing isp's and will not longer be using an ethernet
18 connection, but a dsl one.
19
20 I don't know if it matters, but I am using wireless-extensions as
21 opposed to wpa-supplicant because it doesn't seem that wpa-supplicant
22 supports the Intel 3945 wireless adaptor.
23
24 Any help would be appreciated.
25
26 Regards,