From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Tux AWOL
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 10:48:21
1 On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 10:37 AM, Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Am Sun, 14 May 2017 10:11:31 +0100
3 > schrieb Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>:
7 >> I suppose it's goodbye to Tux, for now. I was hoping someone else
8 >> would be using the same kernel...
9 >
10 > You could setup plymouth and I'm pretty sure there should be a
11 > fullscreen Tux theme somewhere... ;-)
12 >
13 I can live without the little penguins, which, after all, would be
14 there to be seen only at boot, they would disappear on a 2nd visit to
15 TTY1. But missing Tux might be a symptom of something else wrong...
16
17 It's the first time I hear about plymouth. Visiting
18 https://cgit.freedesktop.org/plymouth/ I found zilch documentation.
19
20 thanks
21