From: Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems running doxygen from cron
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 06:40:03
1 On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Dirk Uys wrote:
3 >
4 >> I have a problem when running doxygen from a cron job. It seems like
5 >> doxygen is simply aborting at an arbitrary point during execution. I
6 >> tried to search on the internet, but could not find anything similar
7 >> reported.
8 > [...]
9 >> My cron entry is
10 >> 45 * * * * /home/user/script.sh >> /home/user/debug.log
11 >
12 > I would add a " 2>&1" to the cron entry in order to get stderr output
13 > logged, too. Maybe there are error messages you are missing.
14 >
15 > My cron problems usually come from the PATH being restricted, anthough
16 > this shoudl not matter in your case with the script, I think. Anyway, I'd
17 > start it with "#!/bin/bash -l" in order to open a login shell, and I
18 > would include the "env" command in the script so I can spot differences
19 > in the environment.
20 >
21 > Just some ideas,
22 >
23 > Wonko
24
25 Thanks! I actually solved this one some time ago.
26
27 It turned out that because I omitted "2>&1" the stderr stream weren't
28 created. The program tried to write to stderr and terminated because
29 it didn't exist. Strange, but that's what happened.
30
31 Regards
32 Dirk