From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: [gentoo-user] How to prevent a dns amplification attack
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 15:30:45
1 On 2013-03-30 11:15 AM, Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 15:53:29 +0100
3 > Rene Rasmussen <gentoo@××××××××××.dk> wrote:
4 >
5 >> There is also the possibility to use opendns.com
6 >> I've been using them for years, and have not had any trouble. I
7 >> started using them when my ISP decided to block some sites. And their
8 >> standard service is free :)
9
10 > They also support dnscurve but I thought that in the case of non
11 > existing domain lookups they do show adverts?
12
13 This can be disabled...
14
15 The biggest problem with using them (or google dns) is if you are
16 running a mail server, you cannot use spamhaus or many other DNSBLs,
17 because they don't work with these free DNS services:
18
19 http://www.spamhaus.org/faq/section/DNSBL%20Usage#261