From: nunojsilva@×××××××.pt
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Binary chrome - is it safe in terms of dependencies?
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 16:30:21
1 On 2013-01-31, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
2
3 >On Jan 31, 2013 5:38 PM, "Nuno Silva" <nunojsilva@×××××××.pt> wrote:
4 >
5 >>> Also, I suppose that, if there were library incompatibilities, the
6 >>> package would never go stable, or would at least, like Yohan said, lead
7 >>> to a block/version dependency.
8 >
9 > Well, many times you can't really anticipate everything.
10 >
11 > I had my libreoffice-bin pdf import broken for two months because some
12 > shared library had got upgraded against which it wasn't linked.
13
14 I guess that sometimes this kind of issues may be harder to spot, or
15 require harder fixes (see for example the current state of LISP where
16 some packages require ASDF 2 but the stable one is ASDF 1, AFAIK the
17 stabilization of ASDF 2 is pending because some eclasses have to be
18 changed), but even then I'd suppose this is what the unstable arches are
19 for.
22 Nuno Silva (aka njsg)
23 http://njsg.sdf-eu.org/