From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gentoo-systemd-only deprecation
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 16:07:07
1 On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 10:46:04 -0500, »Q« wrote:
2
3 > > "Everything is a file", nor does the man page say anything about not
4 > > using it to mask out directories. Bearing in mind that this is the
5 > > means chosen by the devs, it is reasonable to assume that it is
6 > > practicable.
7 >
8 > Elsewhere, man make.conf uses "[space delimited list of files and/or
9 > directories]", e.g. when describing CONFIG_PROTECT's value. IMO it's
10 > reasonable to expect the man page to be consistent.
11
12 Reasonable yes, but also a little optimistic considering the way it has
13 grown organically. However that doesn't change my main point , that one
14 could simply try it - which is how I determined that directories worked.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 We shall shortly be landing. Please return your stewardess to
21 the upright position.