From: Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] cfg-update with meld fails
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 09:08:31
1 Ok, I think this problem occurred during the last gnome update. When cfg-update kicks off meld it dies with the error below. Running meld as a user works fine, running say xterm as root works fine but running meld as root fails. Anyone know what's wrong? I googled the error but didn't come up with anything useful.
2
3 Traceback (most recent call last):
4 File "/usr/bin/meld", line 90, in <module>
5 meldapp.main()
6 File "//usr/lib64/meld/meldapp.py", line 982, in main
7 app = MeldApp()
8 File "//usr/lib64/meld/meldapp.py", line 562, in __init__
9 self.prefs = MeldPreferences()
10 File "//usr/lib64/meld/meldapp.py", line 435, in __init__
11 super(MeldPreferences, self).__init__("/apps/meld", self.defaults)
12 File "//usr/lib64/meld/prefs.py", line 92, in __init__
13 self._gconf.add_dir(rootkey, gconf.CLIENT_PRELOAD_NONE)
14 glib.GError: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details - 1: Failed to get connection to session: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.)