From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 09:11:07
1 On 16/04/2016 05:36, Alan Grimes wrote:
2 > Emerge won't update a single goddammned package on my system.
5 > My number theory code finished a segment of work, (after a month), and
6 > it's time to reboot the system to propagate updates to nvidia drivers
7 > and such, uptime = 81 days.
8 >
9 > I thought the hell emerge put me through last time would cover me for
10 > the next six months... =(
13 > Emerge seems to want to pretend it is possible to update packages
14 > without breaking anything. It's not. That's why there's revdep-rebuild.
15 > It is causing much much much more grief by refusing to do it's goddamned
16 > motherfucking job than it would be by giving revdep-rebulid a chance to
17 > do it's job.
21 Hello Mr Grimes,
22
23 I see you still have trouble dealing with your rage issues.
24
25 I recommend you seek professional help about that.
29 Alan McKinnon
30 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com