From: "Andreas K. Hüttel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: LibreOffice problem importing file : solved
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 19:07:49
1 Am Sonntag, 17. April 2016, 03:30:15 schrieb Philip Webb:
2
3 :)
4
5 > So another question arises :
6 > has it always been necessary to add the user to the video group
7
8 no it hasn't in the past, but with 3d acceleration creeping in everywhere...
9
10 > If the latter, how are users supposed to know re such matters ?
11
12 good question... I was wondering for quite some time why sddm only showed a
13 black screen, until I realized that the sddm user needs to be in video group
14 too (it's in the Plasma update howto)...
15
16 tl;dr - happened to me too. and a solution or at least some big error /
17 warning would be nice... thinking about it.
21 Andreas K. Hüttel
22 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)
23 dilfridge@g.o
24 http://www.akhuettel.de/