From: randd <4randd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Android build error on Gentoo
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 04:54:44
1 On Friday 15 Jul 2011 12:05:22 AM James wrote:
2 > randd <4randd <at> gmail.com> writes:
3 > > I am on Gentoo stable and in the past (Jun 9) I have built android
4 > > (gingerbread) successfully.
5 >
6 > Hello Randd,
7 >
8 > Where did you get your sources/overlay/ebuild ?
9 >
10 > I have this cell phone (LTE 4G) on Verizon:
11 > Samsung SCH-I510 is powered with a 1GHz Hummingbird processor
12 > and runs on Android 2.2 Froyo OS
15 > Any information on building and uploading Gingerbread
16 > to this phone is of interest to me.
17 >
18 > Any details of your cross-compiling setup is of interest
19 > too.
20 >
21 > Thanks in Advance,
22 > James
23
24 Hi James,
25
26 I am not sure if you can upgrade your device's software yourself unless code
27 is available (i dont think it is). You can check cyanogenmod website
28 (http://www.cyanogenmod.com/) to check if your phone is supported or not.
31 thanks,
32 randd