From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] audacious converts mp3 to wav by default
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:12:12
1 On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 01:53:28 -0700 (PDT)
2 Pawel K <pawlaczus@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hello
5 >
6 > I've emerged audacious and audacious-plugins:
7
8 > When I press the "play" button on mp3 file it does not
9 > play it but converts it to wav file.
10 >
11 > Do you have any idea what can be wrong with my
12 > configuration ?
13 >
14 > thanks for help
15 I think you may need to select the ALSA output plugin for audacious.
16 Right click on audacious, near the top/title, and go to preferences,
17 then click on "Audio", then set "Current output plugin" to the ALSA
18 one. That should do the trick.
19
20 --- Dan
21 --