From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT:: GPU resource utilization
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 16:59:57
1 Hello::
2
3 Background::
4 Hadoop and Openstack are supported on Gentoo, probably the most noticeable
5 of cluster code systems, and quite popular with most cloud vendors.
6
7 Future::
8 Apache-Mesos is rapidly gaining ground and may surpass both Hadoop and
9 Openstack in usability on Gentoo, during 2016. (hopefully). Recently, from
10 one of the mesos user forums::
11
12 <snip>
13 Subject: Re: Share GPU resources via attributes or as custom resources
14 (INTERNAL)
15 There is a design proposal coming that will include guidance around using
16 GPUs and better GPU support in mesos, so stay tuned.
17 <end/snip>
18 <snip>
19 As Ben and we (Nvidia) working to introduce GPU as first class resource into
20 Mesos. By default there is no isolation. But there will be isolation module
21 for Nvidia GPU devices which can be linked at build time and provide
22 isolation for GPU tasks among GPU devices. Initially device level isolation
23 will be there assuming all tasks using same device libraries (hence no file
24 system isolation). Our initial proposal is not exposing details of GPU but
25 subsequently more detail of GPU resources like (topology, memory, core,
26 bandwidth etc.) will be exposed to do better job scheduling. As Ben
27 indicated very soon we will send out design proposal to community for comments.
28
29 Regards
30 Vikram
31 vditya@××××××.com
32 <end/snip>
33
34 Very exciting news for the Mesos communities! Anyone interested in clusters,
35 containers or clouds on gentoo should keep an eye on the sys-cluster project
36 here at Gentoo. Contributions are also welcome.
39 enjoy,
40 James