From: modsrm <modsrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Iwl3945
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 17:30:52
1 Hi there,
2
3 im having problems in getting my wifi card working with kernel 2.6.38 r6.
4
5 I built the kernel with userspace firmware loading support, and with iwl3945
6 as a module.
7 I can successfully load the module, but when i try to bring wlan0 up, kernel
8 messages says "firmware file req failed: -2", which i guess means file not
9 found, even though i did emerge the microcode the kernel is looking for, and
10 the microcode file is in /lib/firmware.
11
12 Am i missing some step? Do i have to run a daemon to load the microde?
13
14 Thanks!
15 Roberto
16