From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] JACK on a multiprocessor/-core system
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 15:54:32
1 On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 7:49 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 7:16 AM,  <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> is it possible to successfully run jackd as provided by
6 >> Gentoo/Emerge/Portage on a multicore system
7 >> ( AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor ) ?
8 >>
9 >> Thank you very much for any help in advance!
10 >>
11 >> Best regards,
12 >> mcc
16 > I've run Jack for years on multiprocessor Gentoo systems. I know of no
17 > reason why that specific processor wouldn't work.
18 >
19 > Your best bet for targeted information on this would be the Jack list
20 > itself. Folks like Paul Davis and other audio developers are generally
21 > there and helpful.
22 >
23 > HTH,
24 > Mark
25
26 BTW - if you go that direction you will probably want to use the
27 Gentoo pro-ausio overlay as it tends to have the more recent versions
28 that the developers want to have you running anyway.
29
30 Also, I've seen far more complaints over the years WRT Jack having to
31 do with the sound card someone is using (countless) vs the actual
32 processor that a system is biult around. (0, nada, null...)