From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NTP or chrony?
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 17:47:23
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:26:20 +0100, Mick wrote:
5 >> For a laptop . . .
6 >>
7 >> What do/would you use and why?
10 > ntp assumes a permanent connection, so chrony is probably a better
11 > solution. I thin it was originally intended for dialup use, but is well
12 > suited to a laptop with an intermittent Internet connection.
13 >
14 > I should use it on mine, but never bothered to set it up, I still use
15 > rdate run from the network postup() script.
20 Actually I ran ntp on dial-up. It worked fine since I was connected
21 most of the time at night.
22
23 If you need help, I'd be glad to share some config files.
24
25 Dale
26
28 --