From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trying to block third party ip address with iptables...
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 21:44:57
1 pk wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I am using shorewall on my local computer (the same I'm surfing the
5 > web with). My skills with iptables are not really good and my
6 > understanding of networking also has some holes in it... However, I'm
7 > trying to prevent firefox from accessing a third party site; I'm
8 > logging onto a site with firefox. With netstat I can see that besides
9 > the usual ip address belonging to the site another ip-address (not
10 > belonging to the original site) shows up. While trying to block the
11 > additional ip address with both "iptables -A INPUT -s xxxx -j DROP"
12 > and "iptables -A OUTPUT -d xxxx -j DROP" it still sends a SYN request
13 > to this site. This makes firefox just sit there waiting for a
14 > time-out. How can I prevent firefox from accessing the other site,
15 > while still accessing the original one?
16 >
17 > Best regards
18 >
19 > Peter K
23 Would adblock work for this? Just block the address you don't want it
24 to access.
25
26 Dale
27