From: Wol <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dolphin and adding a option, if it exists.
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 19:14:41
1 On 22/11/2022 10:07, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 >> My scripting skills are minimal at best.  Still, I kinda got what your
3 >> script was doing.  Those who have known me for a while understand how
4 >> miraculous that is.  ROFL  I did some googling.  It seems to not be able
5 >> to find the 'shebang' part.  Sure enough, sh isn't located in /usr/bin
6 >> here.  It's in /bin tho.  I edited that line so it can find it.  When I
7 >> tried it, it worked but noticed another problem. […]
8
9 > Well, it would have been boring to provide you with a turn-key solution. 😉
10 > Congrats on getting it working. In my Arch setup, sh is in /usr/bin. A
11 > flexible solution is to use #!/usr/bin/env sh, which looks the command up
12 > before executing it.
13 >
14 Everything should be in /usr/bin. /bin should be a symlink to /usr/bin I
15 believe.
16
17 People like to blame that on systemd, but actually I believe the
18 "change" predates systemd, and certainly has nothing whatsoever to do
19 with Lennart.
20
21 Most distros (especially systemd ones) are already there, Gentoo is
22 actively migrating in that direction.
23
24 And as someone who got bitten by that - writing a makefile (make
25 install) - on Gentoo and then having it blow up on SUSE, that day can't
26 come soon enough.
27
28 Cheers,
29 Wol