From: Billy Holmes <billy@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: 7. Configuring the Kernel
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 04:46:25
1 Thufir wrote:
2 > I'm going to experiment a bit and then recompile again, though because,
3 > ironically, the "alsa" kernel fails to load alsa and the genkernel had
4 > alsa all along, which was the impetus for the recompile.
7 alsa, at least to me, is some sort of dark magic. Once I get it to work,
8 I leave it alone. Some of the issues maybe due to the limited driver
9 support for my chipset. hda-intel. One one system, I had to remove alsa
10 from the kernel and install the alsa-driver package. On another
11 computer, I could set the right kernel options and it worked.
12
13 I've noticed that once you update kernels, you'll have to redo your
14 volume settings sometimes.
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list