From: Duane Griffin <duaneg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't ssh w/out password as root into my gentoo box any more
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 23:04:12
1 On 26/02/07, Gabriel Rossetti <rossettigab@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I had setup password-less ssh login for a backup process from another
5 > machine (FreeBSD) and all was working well, but for some reason it no
6 > longer works anymore, I tried to redo everything, but still no luck. I
7 > also tried as a regular user and it works fine. I tried to add :
8 >
9 > PermitRootLogin without-password
10 > PubkeyAuthentication yes
11 >
12 > (the second seems useless since it works for non-root users)
13 > but still no luck, any ideas anyone?
14
15 Check the logs on the server. Run ssh with -vvv to see what it is
16 trying. Check permissions on ~/.ssh and its contents. If all that
17 fails try running sshd in debug mode to get more diagnostics out.
18
19 Cheers,
20 Duane.
23 "I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list