From: Shawn Haggett <podge@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using Boinc under Gentoo
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 05:06:17
1 Frank Jahn wrote:
2 > Hi all!
3 >
4 > I have a strange behavior in my BOINC client.
5 >
6 > All projects tell me that the platform 'i386-pc-linux-gnu' was not found.
7 >
8 > I might add, that I am quite new to Gentoo (not Linux in general) and
9 > just installed 2006.0
10 >
11 > Thanks in advance ;)
12
13 What is your CHOST setting in /etc/make.conf? I would guess you would
14 have a line such as: CHOST="i386-pc-linux-gnu" in there. So boinc was
15 built thinking your platform is only a 386. Unless this is really old
16 hardware, you should probably update it to "i686-pc-linux-gnu". There's
17 a big warning in my make.conf file though about not changing the setting
18 unless you are doing a Stage 1 install. So you might need a complete
19 rebuild of your system if you change it. Someone more knowledgeable on
20 these things should be able to tell you what you need to do to change
21 your CHOST setting.
22
23 Shawn
24 --