From: Jeff Grant <jgrant@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openLDAP clients
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:09:52
1 Don't forget --> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ldap-howto.xml
2
3 :-)
4
5 -Jeff
6
7 bijayant kumar wrote:
8 > Marc,
9 > Hi........ Once again you have solved my problem. Thank you very very much.
12 > Marc Blumentritt <M.Blumentritt@×××××××××××××××.de> wrote: bijayant kumar schrieb:
13 >> Hi,
14 >> I have installed openLDAP server and configure the clients on the same system. Now, i have to install the server on one machine and clients on the other system. I want to ask that what to do for this. On the client machine, which files i have to configure. And is it neccessary to configure the /etc/nsswitch.conf, /etc/pam.d/system-auth files on the server ?? or that files will be configured only on the clients machine........Please help me.. I will be very thankful to you all..
15 >
16 > I have no experience with this, but I think you have to configure:
17 >
18 > - /etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/pam.d/system-auth as you did on your server
19 > - /etc/openldap/ldap.conf and /etc/ldap.conf as you did on your server,
20 > but replace local IP with IP of the ldap server.
21 >
22 > Regards,
23 > Marc

jgrant.vcf text/x-vcard