From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] XFCE user taking KDE for a spin
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:59:32
1 I've only used xfce4 on my Gentoo system and I've decided to give kde
2 a try. I love the minimalist approach of xfce, but it would be nice
3 to have more features. We'll see.
4
5 I use -* in make.conf and I've carefully added only the local and
6 global flags I know I'll use for the packages about to be installed
7 with kde. This has resulted in the exclusion of many audio, video,
8 and graphics formats. Let me know if any of you Gentoo/kde users can
9 recommend any particular USE flags for the KDE dependency tree. I
10 want to give kde a fair evaluation so I don't want to cripple it, but
11 I also don't want to load up a bunch of stuff I won't use. Thanks for
12 any advice!
13
14 - Grant
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list