From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] e17 fails to build from svn
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 20:35:42
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 21:34 on Tuesday 17 May 2011, Mick did opine
2 thusly:
3
4 > On 17 May 2011 08:01, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Apparently, though unproven, at 08:23 on Tuesday 17 May 2011, Mick did
6 > > opine
7 > >
8 > > thusly:
9 > >> eukit >= 1.0.999
10 > >> ehal
11 > >> ) were not met:
12 > >>
13 > >> No package 'ehal' found
14 > >
15 > > e17 from svn works fine here.
16 > >
17 > > What version are you trying to install?
18 >
19 > These are the packages I tried to install/update:
20
21 I can confirm that e17 builds just fine without hal, I remerged everything
22 here today with a fresh svn update.
23
24 I compared by USE to yours and they are much the same apart from ofono (not
25 relevant) and I have ukit enabled.
26
27 You are running x86 (32 bit) right? I see your USE has (-hal) whereas mine is
28 -hal. man emerge implies that means the flag is forced off somehow, so I would
29 be interested to see what e17 thinks it should do on your machine.
30
31 Please emerge enlightenment (just that one package) and post the section just
32 before this:
33
34 checking for E_REMOTE... yes
35 checking for E_IMC... yes
36 checking for E_THUMB... yes
37
38 It's the 5 lines or so immediately before the error in your first post and
39 will mention hal_mount and eeze.
40
41 [snip]
42
43 > > When emerge ran, did it check out the
44 > > latest code for first first?
45 >
46 > You lost me here! O_O
47
48 Looks like a bad paste error. I meant if you use the regular overlay and check
49 out a fresh svn update with each emerge (i.e. not using an old checkout with
50 updates from the repo disabled). I see elsewhere you do use fresh checkouts.
51
52 > > The hal stuff in e17 has been iffy for a while.
53 >
54 > Right, but I have excluded all hal USE flags as far as I can tell,
55 > that's why I cannot understand why x11-wm/enlightenment-9999 failed
56 > with that error.
57
58 Well, the gentoo part works. It's the e17 ./configure step that is iffy.
59
60 raster HATES use flags with a passion; automagic deps is the only way to go in
61 his worldview. Quite obviously this will lead to problems on gentoo with no
62 real way to disable support for something you do have installed. (Just because
63 you have libXYZ installed is not a good reason to force support on for it
64 everywhere that might use it.)
67 > Anyway, tonight it failed right on the first package:
68 > ====================================
69 >
70 > >>> Emerging (1 of 10) dev-libs/eina-9999 from enlightenment
71
72 [snip]
73
74 Well, whaddaya know. For once it wasn't cedric who broke it. Looks like commit
75 r59468 to eina at 17:45 by tasn did it.
76
77 > eina_binbuf_template_c.x:140: error: conflicting types for
78 > 'eina_binbuf_length_get'
79 > ../../src/include/eina_binbuf.h:209: note: previous declaration of
80 > 'eina_binbuf_length_get' was here
81 > eina_amalgamation.c:17936: error: redefinition of '__STRBUF_MAGIC_STR'
82 > eina_amalgamation.c:1222: note: previous definition of
83 > '__STRBUF_MAGIC_STR' was here
84 > make[3]: *** [libeina_la-eina_amalgamation.lo] Error 1
85
86 [snip]
87
88 > What's causing this one?
89
90 I don't see an easy way to workaround this apart from reverting r59468.
91
92 So, just skip past eina, you already have a copy from earlier that built
93 correctly and portage won't catch version difference seeing as everything is
94 -9999
97 > BTW, any idea when DR17 will make it into the portage tree?
98
99 I suppose it would have to exist first :-)
100
101 EFL-1.0.0 is released since three months ago so it could go into the tree. It
102 probably isn't there yet because the most useful app using it - the window
103 manager - is still unreleased.
104
105 I reckon vapier or barbieri would be the right people to answer that question.
109 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com