From: "Régis Décamps" <regis@×××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox2.0 can't start up
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 18:12:00
1 On 10/30/06, Chuanwen Wu <wcw8410@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > 2006/10/30, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk>:
4 >
5 > > The output of:
6 > >
7 > > # equery check mozilla-firefox
8 > [ Checking www-client/mozilla-firefox-2.0 ]
9 > * 3570 out of 3570 files good
10 > >
11 > > # equery check mozilla-launcher
12 > [ Checking www-client/mozilla-launcher-1.52 ]
13 > * 3 out of 3 files good
14 > >
15 > > ?
16 > >
17 > > Also does this succeed (the $-sign means run as user rather than root):
18 > >
19 > > $ /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin
20 > (no answer)
21 >
22 > I have remerge firefox again,and now when i type :
23 >
24 > $firefox
25 > No running windows found
26 >
27 > and there is no more output and the terminal just wait here.
28 > And now ,after about 10 minutes,firefox appear at last! Now everything is
29 > Ok!
30 >
31 > There is some more message in terminal now:
32 >
33 > > ** Message: plugin_get_value 1 (1)
34 >
35 > ** Message: plugin_get_value 2 (2)
36 >
37 > *
40 [snip]
41
42 ** Message: plugin_get_value 2 (2)
43 >
44 > ** Message: plugin_get_value 1 (1)
45 >
46 > ** Message: plugin_get_value 2 (2)
47 >
48 > I guess during the 10 minutes,firefox was checking the plugins.
52 Hi,
53
54 Can you run firefox with the -ProfileManager option, create a new profile
55 and give it a try.
56
57 It that works, it means firefox is ok, but your profile is not and this is
58 presumably caused by one of your extensions.
59
60 I advis you to:
61 - backup your profile
62 - remove the content of extensions/
63 - restart firefox
64 - reinstall your extensions one by one
68 Régis
69
70 http://regis.decamps.info/blog/