From: AllenJB <gentoo-lists@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] remove a package from world without unmerging?
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 07:47:38
1 From Portage 2.2 rc30 onwards you can use --deselect. This ability is
2 not present in any previous version.
3
4 Until you're using Portage 2.2, the other alternative is to manually
5 edit the world file (MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!)
6
7 AllenJB
8
9 KH wrote:
10 > Hi,
11 >
12 > I am searching for the opposite of emerge --noreplace <atom>. I forgot
13 > -1 and now the package is part of the world file. It does not belong
14 > there, it is a dependency I wanted to update. I don't want to run
15 > --unmerge and -av1 again. What can I do?
16 >
17 > kh