From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: System won't boot if CMOS clock is slow
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 16:10:56
1 So it is Linux' fault, that your mate used crap Hardware? That is great!
2 let us blame it for the weather too. And stubbed toes.
3 Am 16.01.2013 21:43 schrieb "Kevin Chadwick" <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk>:
4
5 > > I have had systems in the past who refused to boot because the
6 > > motherboard time was off, and at first it looked like that was the
7 > > problem again.
8 >
9 > OpenBSD takes the time from the filesystem in that case and boots. I
10 > wish linux did. I had a mate who used to ring me up everytime his mother
11 > in law unplugged the laptop and it was a laptop that's cmos was a pain
12 > to replace. I believe he ended up in 2034 or something after a few
13 > months because I told him the bios key and meant he could avoid
14 > fsck that sometimes gave him various problems =-)
15 >
16 > He was anti slow machines (Vista) and liked linux after being
17 > skeptical. I can't see him trying linux again now :-(
18 >
19 > --
21 >
22 > 'Write programs that do one thing and do it well. Write programs to work
23 > together. Write programs to handle text streams, because that is a
24 > universal interface'
25 >
26 > (Doug McIlroy)