From: "Herminio Hernandez Jr." <herminio.hernandezjr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo vs Raspbian on Raspberry Pi 3?
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:34:48
1 I have yet to use Raspbian. I have used mostly Arch and Gentoo
2
3 Sent from my iPhone
4
5 > On Jun 26, 2017, at 3:12 AM, konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 >> On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 4:49 PM, Danny YUE <sheepduke@×××××.com> wrote:
8 >> Any reasons? I want to hear some ideas to make the decision ;-)
9 >>
10 >> Seriously, I do not think it is a good idea to compile using Raspberry
11 >> Pi because of the weak CPU.
14 > True for Rasp. Pi 1, not 3. You can also just buy a spare [class 10]
15 > Sd card, so you can try more OS.
16 >
17 > (I compiled my packages with /var/tmp mounted as tmpfs, and used
18 > https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware for the kernel, modules and
19 > firmware. Having the self-compiled version doesn't always work and
20 > takes time to configure.)
21 >
22 > --
23 > konsolebox