From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No more... more?
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 20:27:09
1 Mike Diehl wrote:
2 > The other day I was updating a fairly ancient system by trying to first clear
3 > out some emerge blockers. I've taken care of the blockers, but now I find
4 > that my system no longer has a more command:
5 >
6 > # more
7 > bash: more: command not found
8 >
9 > I also notice that sys-apps/more is masked:
10 >
11 > * sys-apps/more [ Masked ]
12 > Latest version available: 2.12r
13 > Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
14 > Size of files: 1,338 kB
15 > Homepage: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/
17 > License: GPL-2
18 >
19 > Surely this isn't what I'm supposed to install just to get "more." Please
20 > advise.
23 You didn't happen to unmerge coreutils did you because it was blocking?
24 If so that is the cause of your problems. I'm not sure how to recovery
25 from a lack of coreutils since most of your system binaries are now gone.
26
27 kashani