From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openoffice-3.1.0: nsplugin USE flag does nothing?
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:41:58
1 On Tuesday 16 June 2009 18:23:59 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > I enabled the nsplugin USE flag in OOo 3.1.0 and re-emerged. Curiously,
3 > nothing changed. There's no plugin listed in Firefox (3.0.11). Am I
4 > missing something obvious? I'm on AMD64.
5 >
6 > OOo has been emerged with following USE flags:
7 >
8 > bash-completion dbus gtk linguas_en linguas_en_US nsplugin
9
10 I also don't know what it does, but I do know I had to remove the flag to get
11 OOo to build since about 4 months ago.
12
13 More info at bug 256773. Perhaps you can make sense of it and even get your
14 question answered, it's all a bit over my head.
15
16 I would assume that USE=nsplugin gives you browser plugins to view OOo files.
17 It's a major hassle but have you looked in the emerge log for clues? Perhaps
18 the plugins couldn't be built and th reason is buried deep in that massive
19 build log.
20
21 You might even need to MAKEOPTS="-j1" to get a sane order in the log ... :-)
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com