From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apache: what could cause "graceful restart requested"?
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 17:01:51
1 On 03-Aug-11 18:48, Florian Philipp wrote:
2
3 > The cleanest solution I can think of is to order apache to send its logs
4 > to syslog. [1] shows how to do this. Of course you still have to reload
5 > syslog-ng when you rotate the log files but apache itself can keep running.
6 >
7 > [1] http://oreilly.com/pub/a/sysadmin/2006/10/12/httpd-syslog.html
8
9 Thanks for info. This is what I have been looking for a long time!
10 I have a central log-server where all logs are collected, rotated
11 and archived, exept for those of apache. I simply did not know how
12 to redirect all apache-logs to local syslog, which could forward it
13 to log-server...
14
15 Jarry
19 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
20 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.