From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] vbox guest additions 5.0.20
Date: Sun, 08 May 2016 21:10:53
1 Well, I finally have the vboxvideo driver working, mostly, but I'm
2 confused by some inconsistencies.
3
4 There was/is the problem of 'unknown symbols' for drm and ttm support
5 in the linux guest kernel. I fixed the symbol errors by enabling the
6 'ATI Radeon' driver in the guest kernel, but now the vboxvideo module
7 refuses to load with 'Exec format error'.
8
9 In spite of everything the guest video function is working normally
10 either way, i.e. with vboxvideo (and the symbol errors), or with the
11 drm and ttm kernel modules loaded (with no errors) but I can't use all
12 of those modules at the same time.
13
14 Except in my arch linux guest, where all of the modules load together
15 and work just fine.
16
17 See why I'm confused?