From: Tim Igoe <tim@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fake Dual-Head with VNC?
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:10:01
1 Tim Garton wrote:
2 > Anybody know if this is possible? I have a single-head graphics card
3 > capable of doing 2048x1536. I want to start X with a virtual desktop
4 > of 2048x768, make my ViewPort be the left half of said desktop, start
5 > x11vnc using the "-clip" option so that it only shows the right half of
6 > said desktop, and then use an old beater laptop to act as a view-only
7 > VNC client that connects to the x11vnc instance. I think it will work,
8 > my only question is is there a way to prevent the ViewPort from moving
9 > around in X as you move the mouse?
10 >
11 > Tim
12 It sounds like Synergy would be a better solution to what you are trying
13 to do (http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/). I don't use it myself, but I
14 was looking into it when I've sorted my laptop out, to use it as an
15 extension of my screen.
16
17 Tim
20 Tim Igoe
21 http://tim.igoe.me.uk - Personal Site
22 http://tv.igoe.me.uk - UK TV Guide
23
24 "Computers are like Air-con, open windows and they stop working!"