From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE-4.4 strikes again
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:26:43
1 On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 2:36 AM, Helmut Jarausch
2 <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > has anybody a recipe on this upgrade hell each time KDE release a new
6 > version?
7 > This time existing KDE-4.3.5 packages block KDE-4.4 packages though they
8 > go to different slots.
9 > Even portage-2.2_rc62 is unable to cope with that.
10
11 I use the kde overlay and the unmask/keywords files it contains. The
12 only thing I had to do manually was unmask newest version of libmsn.
13 After that it all emerged in one try.